I.C.E training = Intense Cardio Exercise...if you want results then you need to be able to keep training. I.C.E is NOT something that can be done daily for long periods of time. Your body needs time to repair and recover. More than 3 ICE sessions a week will lead to Overtraining.
Nexus Personal Training is committed to improving your health, boosting your energy levels and getting you the body you want.
Overtraining doesn't equal results.
Signs of Over-training
Symptoms indicating over training can be classified in the following way:
Movement coordination symptoms:
- Increased incidence of disturbances in movement (the re-appearance of faults that seemed to have been overcome, cramp, inhibitions, insecurity)
- Disturbances in rhythm and flow of movement
- Lack of ability to concentrate
- Reduced power of differentiation and correction
- Diminished powers of endurance, strength, speed.
- Increase in recovery time, loss of 'sparkle' (competitive qualities)
- Reduced readiness for training, giving-up in face of difficult situations, especially when your MP trainer is working on your technique!
- Confusion in training, departure from usual technique.
- Susceptibility to demoralising influences before and during training.
- Increasing tendency to abandon the struggle
- Increased irritability, obstinacy, tendency to hysteria, grumbling, defiance, increased quarrelsomeness, avoidance of contact with trainer and studio members
- Over sensitivity to criticism, or increasing indolence, poor incentive, dullness, hallucination, anxiety, depression, melancholy, insecurity.